Your first step to taking action with CVH is to contact the campaign organizer working on the issues you're most interested in. Check out Campaigns & Chapters to find those organizers. Next, you can take action online and sign-up to learn more about our work overall. Be sure to sign up for emails, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and take the most recent online actions as a way to get engaged before you join us in the streets!
New York City Mayor Bloomberg has proposed $25 million in cuts to the Park Opportunity Program (POP) which has provided thousands of jobs for people on public assistance for over ten years. There were over 6,000 POP positions in 2010 and if this goes through it will be down to about 1,000 POP positions. Mayor Bloomberg wants to replace POP positions with WEP workers.
Please call Speaker Quinn (212) 788-7210 and tell her to restore the funding for POP and to End WEP!
Learn more about Transitional Jobs here.
After you call, please drop me a quick note to let me know what happens, and feel free to call if you want more information. Jennifer Hadlock, email@example.com, 212-860-6001 x26.
Send pictures of what needs to be repaired, and then join us to fight to get ALL needed repairs made:
1. Go to www.FixOurHomes.Tumblr.com to check out pictures already collected.
2. Take pictures of repairs needed in your apartment or your building.
3. Email the picture to FixOurHomes@CVHaction.org, and tell us where the picture was taken.
4. Call Kflu at (212)860-6001 to learn how to get involved!
WEP workers across the city can now post TEXT and PICTURES online of unsafe working conditions, workplace mistreatment and more. Here’s how it works…
1. You see a violation, unsafe working condition, or bad treatment from a supervisor
2. You EMAIL or TEXT info about the violation to EndWEP@cvhaction.org
3. You help END WEP!
The Mayor asked for it, so let’s give it to him…
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.
|Tumblr outreach flyer-Jan2012.pdf||151.29 KB|